* General description
The 74HC123; 74HCT123 are high-speed Si-gate CMOS devices and are pin compatible with Low-power Schottky TTL (LSTTL). They are specified in compliance with JEDEC standard no. 7A.
The 74HC123; 74HCT123 are dual retriggerable monostable multivibrators with output pulse width control by three methods:
- The basic pulse is programmed by selection of an external resistor (REXT) and capacitor (CEXT).
- Once triggered, the basic output pulse width may be extended by retriggering the gated active LOW-going edge input (nA) or the active HIGH-going edge input (nB). By repeating this process, the output pulse period (nQ = HIGH, nQ = LOW) can be made as long as desired. Alternatively an output delay can be terminated at any time by a LOW-going edge on input nRD, which also inhibits the triggering.
- An internal connection from nRD to the input gates makes it possible to trigger the circuit by a HIGH-going signal at input nRD as shown in the function table.
Schmitt-trigger action in the nA and nB inputs, makes the circuit highly tolerant to slower input rise and fall times.
The 74HC123; 74HCT123 are identical to the 74HC423; 74HCT423 but can be triggered via the reset input.
- DC triggered from active HIGH or active LOW inputs
- Retriggerable for very long pulses up to 100 pct duty factor
- Direct reset terminates output pulse
- Schmitt-trigger action on all inputs except for the reset input
- ESD protection:
- HBM JESD22-A114E exceeds 2000 V
- MM JESD22-A115-A exceeds 200 V
- Specified from -40 Cel to +85 Cel and from -40 Cel to +125 Cel